Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Heartbreaking

We received this e-mail from our adoption coordinator in Haiti today:
Alec is doing great. Ian is gaining weight, but has some more to go. Today his mother brought her cousin and baby boy in for adoption. He is badly malnourished too. He is the same age as Ian and [one of the nannies] is trying to convince me that you need to take him instead of Alec, because they are relatives and the same age. That mom has no ID or anything, she must weigh about 80LB herself. She is 19 years old and this is her third child. This is a stinken country when so many babies are born just to starve to death.
My heart breaks ...

2 comments:

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

I want to say congratulations and haven't been checking my blogs lately! I bet your heart must break...mine does too. I have such a think about injustice...may God be with you as you deal with knowing about this other baby...
love,
jen in MI

alejandra said...

ay por favor, que tristeza........