Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

According to news reports this afternoon:
Hurricane Gustav barreled into Haiti Tuesday, packing powerful winds and heavy rains that were likely to cause massive destruction throughout the desperately poor Caribbean nation.
We should have been traveling home from Haiti this afternoon; more likely than not our flight would have been canceled. (*Edited to add: We found out that the airport was actually closed today in Haiti - make that "more than likely" a "definitely" ... and since it is only a once a week flight, that might have made our babysitters here in Chile a tad nervous!) For that reason, I feel glad that God saw fit to delay our trip.

But ... our children are there, and we worry about their safety. How we wish we could be there to hold them in our arms throughout the storms raging around them!

And for that reason, I ask you to pray ...

5 comments:

Heather Marie said...

Every single little detail...

Rebekah said...

I've been praying since I first heard it on the news.

StacyandChad said...

Stephanie,
I've had you and your boys on my heart and in my prayers since hearing about Gustav! Will continue to pray!

Kathy Cassel said...

Isn't it cool when you did get to see the reason why something happened?

I pray for all the birthparents since most of them are too poor to have homes. Who knows where they weathered the storm.

HatchersInChile said...

Hi Stephanie!! My name is Penne Hatcher and I, too, live in Santiago, Chile. Please contact me - I think it works through my posting profile - as my husband and I are also adopting a child!! Adrienne sent me to your blog and she is right in that we have lots in common! Look forward to hearing from you and now praying for your precious boys waiting in Haiti and your whole family!
Penne Hatcher
Santiago, Chile