Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Please, Please, Please Pray ... Haitian Adoptions Need a Miracle


The title basically says it all.


Today we received extremely discouraging news from our adoption coordinator in Haiti, not regarding our adoption specifically but Haitian adoptions in general. In fact, after 20 years of facilitating adoptions in Haiti she now finds herself in the heartwrenching position of having to warn new potential adoptive parents away from Haiti.

I had actually written a whole post outlining the reasons for this, but at the risk of sounding paranoid I have since decided not to share it publicly. I would simply ask you again to please, please, please pray ... ask God to move in the hearts of those who have handled, are handling and will handle our adoption paperwork during these important days ... pray for a miracle in Haitian adoptions ... pray for a miracle for Ian and Alec.

We know God is able!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been watching and praying for your adoptions for a while now. My husband and I have been praying about Haitian adoption as both of us feel we have a child in Haiti. I was hoping that you would share privately with me what is going on with Haitian adoption that you didn't want to post here, I am not trying to pry but my heart lurched when I read this post. Tears sprang to my eyes, I really believe God has a child for us in Haiti. My email is preciousgem26 at gmail.com

Homeschoolin' hot-rodders said...

You and your family are certainly in our prayers. To hear your adoption co-ordinator so discouraging is a tell tale sign of how bad things are :(

Angela

Gods Love said...

Sharing your concern! I am sure you read my email to Emma. It is such a hard process! Up and Down. One thing we can know for sure. God is on the throne and if all we were called to do is save and support these children from a distance. We must thank God. We still were chosen for them and them for us!
Lets not stop praying.
lynette

Terri Fisher said...

We continue to pray for you and our new nephews. God is in control!

Salzwedel Family said...

I'm not a worrier, but this post has me intrigued. We are certainly praying for this process to bring our kiddos home.

Melissa said...

We will pray and we do know without a doubt that God is able. He has done so much to make it evident that these boys are your sons.

Rick and Heather said...

Praying for you -- God is the God of miracles and He has brought you this far!

Tracy said...

You have me worried now. We haven't heard anything discouraging lately, other than the mess of storms hitting Haiti! can you share the details? Praying for all our children to come home!!!!!!!!!

dreamingBIGdreams said...

yeah i feel your pain.

we are trucking through and trusting God for a miracle.

:)Jamie