Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Shouldn't Do It

I know I shouldn't do it, but I still do.

I check the exits from IBESR (and Parquet and MOI) and make myself crazy wishing that one of them was us ... or comparing our wait time to others' ... it's just not a good idea.

I found this description of IBESR on another adoptive mom's site tonight:
500-1000 dossiers from various countires are in this office at any given time each file is about 200 pages and each of which must be carefully read and approved.
It doesn't sound encouraging, does it??

Still praying for a miracle ...

6 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Ugh! I did not need to read that... :o)

I just say to myself every day that God is able!

Kathy Cassel said...

200 pages sounds wayyyyyy too high. It's all the stuff you sent plus the social history they add.

Stetlers said...

Why do we do this to ourselves when we're waiting for our kids to come home. I check my email WAY too often, each time expecting my referral pictures to pop up before my eyes. And I'm still disappointed every time they aren't in my inbox.
Praying for you...
Kerri Stetler

bwinks said...

That doesn't sound good but remember it is God's hands as well. Sending (((HUGS))) your way.

Kristi said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It helps *SO* much to hear from other people who really understand how hard it is.

On a happier note you have two beautiful Haitian boys. They are absolutely adorable and I hope they are home very soon.

Anonymous said...

We also adopted from Haiti so I totally empathize with you. I also would check my computer countless times a day for news for months. I finally had to limit myself to 1 or 2 times a day or it becomes all-consuming. Keep the faith, IT WILL HAPPEN!!! Our little girl came to us in April of this year. Feel free to email if you would like- ffox240@yahoo.com.
Blessings- Angie