Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Saturday, October 4, 2008

October 16

One of the steps not mentioned below, but required on the US side of our adoption, is an orphan investigation which includes personal interviews with the child/ren's birthparent/s.

Because we submitted an Orphan First petition in addition to our I-600 while in Haiti, the birthparent interviews for our children were scheduled somewhat early in the process - in less than two weeks, to be exact. October 16. Please pray for these interviews, that (1) the birthparents will be located, (2) they will make the appointment, (3) US officials will be compassionate and fair and treat the birthparents with respect, (4) for the birthparents as they have made a selfless choice but face the emotional toll of being questioned about this choice by strangers who hold their child's future (as it relates to being granted a US visa) in their hands.

Finally, please pray that this interview will show that our children indeed qualify to be adopted under US standards for international adoption and that this interview will fast forward the granting of their visas in the weeks to come. GOD is able!

4 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Also pray the USCIS person shows up. Our birth dad showed up ready but they person that was suppose to interview him didn't come into work so it had to be rescheduled. I haven't heard anything since.

Terry said...

Oh I do pray everything works out with the interview...Terry

bwinks said...

Prayers headed your way. I even put it on my calendar the day before to start the prayers so I will not forget.

Jenna Marie Howard said...

Hello
I just wanted to stop by and tell you I enjoy reading your blog. I am adopted and have three other adopted siblings and find such encouragement knowing you are an adoptive parent who obviously loves your children. Your desire to have your children in your arms is wonderful but I was truly touched by your request for prayer for your children birth parents. People forget at times that they are even in the picture and you heart and compassion for them is encouraging! Thank you for caring not only for your children but the ones who gave them up. Bless you! to I am the Director of Public Relations for a non-profit organization called World Orphans. We build family style church based orphan homes all over the world and our mission is simple E3 to reach each church…each child…each community. I would love for you to take a look at our website and let me know if you have any questions. (www.worldorphans.com) I hope you will have a glorious blessed day!

Jenna M. Howard
-Director of Public Relations
www.Worldorphans.org
Jennah@worldorphans.org
www.JennaMarieHoward.com