Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update from Haiti Tonight

I spoke with our adoption coordinator tonight for awhile and found out that Alec's birthmother and birth grandfather were able to have their interviews at the consulate today! That is a great praise! We won't know the outcome for awhile, but at least initially there was no request for DNA. Ian's birthmother did not appear and they will have to schedule another appointment for her at a later date. Please pray that this can be done very soon ...

I asked our adoption coordinator how the boys were adjusting after the week they spent with us and she said Alec was doing fine but Ian was obviously missing the attention and in her words "would love a lot more attention than he is getting." This broke my heart ... and brought to mind the worries I try not to consider of possibly having the boys' paperwork separated, especially if the birthparent interview proves to be an ongoing problem ... in some ways Ian needs us sooner than Alec does because of what he has suffered but the likelihood is that his paperwork would be the one delayed if the birthparent interview becomes complicated ... my heart is aching for my son tonight ...

We also spoke about the files in IBESR and she told me the new director has said she is committed to getting the files signed out quickly ... she said our dossier is with one of two lawyers, both of whom expect to have three of their files signed out on Monday but they don't know which ones ... such conflicting emotions because I know so many of us are wishing the same thing but my heart is crying out "let it be us!" ... please pray for ALL the families who are in this same position ...

So glad for these updates but my heart is heavy with the hoping and the unknowing. Praying that the Father of the fatherless would hold my boys extra close tonight ...

5 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Praise God for progess. Keep hanging in there!

Rebekah Hubley said...

Stephanie-

Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog! I know that you are close! Your papers are with Barbara Walker...She is the fastest facilitator in Haiti... I will be Praying for Ian and his readjusting period!!! I will also be praying for your "momma's heart"!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Steph.. Ojalá todo se de muy pronto y puedas tener a tus dos niños por fin. Esa espera debe ser tortuosa para tí, sobre todo ya habiendo conocido a los niños y habiendo estado con ellos. Estaré orando por tí y tus hijos y espero que este tiempo se pase volando.. Un abrazote.. Pat

HollyMarie said...

How hard to wait, wait, wait and not really know when things will happen. I can only imagine! Praying for you!

Homeschoolin' hot-rodders said...

Have you heard anymore about Ian & Maddie's bmom?

Angela