Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

Somewhere Out There: Sophia

Remember the song from "An American Tale?"

Somewhere out there
Beneath the pale moonlight
Someone's thinking of me
And loving me tonight ...

Somewhere out there
Someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another
In that big somewhere out there ...

I've always liked that song. When I was a sappy junior higher, I liked it. When I was a "mature" college student, I liked it. But when I embarked on the journey of adoption, I really liked it.

During the years of filling out paperwork and then waiting for our children, hearing this song could bring tears to my eyes. I would wonder who my future children would be ... where they were at that very moment ... if they could sense how much I loved them even before we ever met.

Tonight I am thinking about this song again, not for myself but for someone else. I know who my future children are; I know where they are. I may not know exactly when they are coming home, but thanks be to God we are one step closer to their homecoming as of this week.

My sister does not have this comfort just yet. She is still waiting; she is still wondering; she is still wishing for clear direction on her family's journey to their little Sophia in Taiwan. Right now many of their questions revolve around finances (or the lack thereof.) It is the question all adoptive parents face because right or wrong, an adoption in this day and age cannot move forward without the financial means to do so.

It isn't fair to the families who are ready to open their hearts to these precious children (in Sophia's case, she will be an orphan with a special need of some sort.) It isn't fair to the children who are ready and waiting for their forever families. But life isn't fair.

We can't change everything. But we can change some things. And for one little girl in a faraway land, your support of her family-to-be can change everything.

Would you consider playing a part in bringing Sophia home?

http://oursilkroad.blogspot.com/

No comments: