Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Journal Entry: Monday, October 12, 2009

As I am writing this I am alone with Ian in our hot little house. He is taking an overdue nap and I am melting as power troubles continue and no fans or electricity are on in here ... ahh, here it comes! ... and, there is goes ... (sigh)


Yesterday (Sunday) started a little later than normal, because it was a day off and the sun seemed to peek out at 6 a.m. rather than 5 a.m. We had breakfast (oatmeal) at Lawanna's, said goodbye to Mohrs and then Mom and I did a little "kids sing praise" time with some of the babies. During the boys' naptime, Mom stayed with them while I kept company with Lawanna and her babies and even had a chance to painstakingly search online a bit, update FB and the blog, etc.

Lunch was a hotdog and leftover mac & cheese, then we tried taking the boys to the ark only to be overcome by other kids wanting the ball and toys ...


[The evening was filled with] chaos and frustrations, as furniture was moved around and power problems surfaced ... without power, dinner was PB & J sandwiches and we basically closed ourselves in by 7:00 at night.

Around 1:30 this morning, Mom and I were awakened by a chirping/humming so loud that I pulled out the flashlight to make sure a frog or giant cricket wasn't in the room. I eventually fell back asleep but Mom says it continued for at least two more hours before she could do so. We were told it was probably a lizard - some lizard, I say!

P.S. While I was finishing this entry, Justin brought me Lawanna's phone with a call from Licia from the Rescue Center in Cazale ... She saw online that I would be here and wanted to try and say hi. That is so cool. I appreciate the down-to-earth, truly Christian focus of Licia and Lori and their ministry. Licia said Jamie Ivey's flight was cancelled and she'll be arriving tomorrow a.m. so Lord willing we'll actually get to meet! That will be great. :)

No comments: