Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

More Aftershocks

Tara Livesay and other adoptive moms in Haiti have been reporting that the aftershocks continue and some are still very strong. There was one last night that woke the children and sent them running. The children are afraid.

We have not had word yet today from our boys' orphanage.

Our contact at the US Embassy here in Chile has forwarded our information to the consular section here. We are trying to exhaust every avenue of possibility to get the boys out of Haiti. We were waiting on the US visas which would allow them automatic citizenship upon entering the States (which we planned to do on our way back to Chile with the boys.) Now we are trying to ascertain whether we can bring them directly to Chile and have our US visa documents transferred and completed here when the emergency lessens in Haiti.

There are no commercial flights available. I have even gone so far as to send a message to a officer in the Chilean Air Force who adopted from Haiti some years ago. Please keep praying that if it is God's will, He will open some door to bring the boys home. And please, please pray for those whose paperwork is not advanced to even consider this option. It is heartwrenching. Please pray.

1 comment:

Cheryl in Michigan said...

Thanks so much for the updates. Our child is new to Ruuska village. She's 13 yrs old and we've never met her. We are not so well connected to others yet so your updates are so helpful. Praying your boys will get home soon...Praying.