Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Remembering, Part One

I have been waiting for the one-month mark to discipline myself to stop and write the details of our journey to get the boys. I want to include thoughts from my journal as well as pictures I did not have the chance to share before. As my night has overlapped into morning, I find that it is now February 18 - exactly one month from the day we boarded our plane and flew toward the dream of being reunited with our sons. From my journal:
January 18, 2010

Never in a million years could I have imagined (nor would I have wished to) the events in Haiti this past week. On January 12, 2010, in one brief moment of time, the ground shook, buildings crumbled, and thousands upon thousands of Haitian men, women and children lost their lives.

Ian and Alec's homecoming was not "supposed" to happen this way. But neither were they "supposed" to get out of Haiti at all - and so quickly - in the wake of this terrible tragedy. BUT GOD.

As I write this I am side by side with Pedro and flying through the night skies to Lima, and then Miami, and then by car to Orlando.

Tomorrow night, Lord willing and if all goes according to plan, we will be embracing our boys for the first time forever. There may even be news crews on hand to record the event.

It seems so surreal, like a wonderful dream. I can hardly imagine it.

But if this is a dream, it is the sweetest one yet. Thank You, Lord, for beauty from ashes. Thank You for bringing our boys from Haiti ... to home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet memory! We miss you all and cherish the pictures and blogs that keep us close with what is happening your way. Love, Mom