Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sweet Snuggling

Tonight we were trying to "slow down the revolutions" with Ian and Alec before bed, as they had taken a late nap and were wired for sound! Daddy took Ian into the computer room for some snuggle time while I had Alec in the living room. A favorite book on the shelf caught Alec's eye and I let him leaf through it while we cozied up together in the easy chair.
Alec just loves this little book. I bought it years ago with a gift card from my mother-in-law but never has it received as much attention as it does these days! He will take it out to the front patio and leaf through it or sit on the couch and look at it, and always he will be gasping, "Baby! Baby!" or in some case he will exclaim, "Owen! Owen!" (because he is convinced Owen was photographed by Anne Geddes once upon a time.)

Tonight was extra sweet, however, because with just a reading lamp overhead and Alec in his warm fuzzy jammies, we looked through the book and all of his commentary was made in a cute little whisper. Often he would show me a picture and raise his finger to his lips, making a shushing sound while saying, "Baby 'peeping, baby 'peeping" which meant that we needed to take care not to wake the sleeping baby in the photograph!

I've got a nasty cough and several times I had a little coughing fit while we were doing this. After I finally caught my breath each time Alec would ask solicitously, 'Kay, Mommy? 'Kay, Mommy? to make sure I was all right. It was so adorable and these are the tender moments that make me fall in love with my kids more and more.

2 comments:

Erin said...

awww steph that sounds soo precious. i do miss snuggling like that with my kids. and since i know how much you enjoy snuggling with yours i bet you just loved it! :)

Molly said...

This is so precious! I can't stand it. SO CUTE