Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Details & Prayer Requests

So the time is nearly upon us ... tomorrow is the big day! We'll be maintaining schedules are usual for most of the day - kids and Pedro off to school, and actually me as well since I committed to teaching a class prior to our trip being re-scheduled. After my class, I plan to hurry home and finalize any remaining details, but I HOPE to have most of that done by the end of the day today. We'll probably take the kids to dinner somewhere so as to keep the house clean for our friends who will be housesitting, and to say our goodbyes with a special treat. After that, we need to drop them off at their respective host homes - each to a different family, but all within five blocks of our own house. That's going to be tough for Mommy & Daddy, although so far the kids are nothing but excited! Once the Rubin kids (and Owen) are in bed, Uncle Mark will be taking us to the airport. Our flight doesn't leave until 2:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, but it's just easier to get there early and hang out until it's time to go! Here are the major prayer requests as I see them now:
  • Separation from our kids at home, for their mental, emotional and physical well-being
  • Safety for Pedro & me while traveling to/from/within Haiti
  • Spiritual well-being, that we will be attentive to God speaking to us and also that we would share His love and truth with others
  • Our baggage, that it won't be too expensive and that everything will be accounted for on both ends
  • Our 11:00 appointment on Wednesday at the US Consulate to file the I-600
  • Getting to know our adoption contacts and the nannies, children and birthmoms
  • Most importantly, getting to know our boys! That they will feel safe and happy with us during the week they are in our care
  • And last but not last, the adoption miracle we are praying for (that our boys would come home in record time!)

8 comments:

Patti said...

I am so excited for you that I am feeling butterflies! :-)

Terri Fisher said...

We prayed for you in church today, and in ladies' meeting last week, and in class this weekend...I'm sharing the word wherever I go! Can't wait for any updates! We love you!

Kathy's Korner said...

Oh Stephanie!!

I'll be praying!!

(((((HUGS))))))

Stacey said...

We will be praying for you guys. Just enjoy your time with the little ones. Things will all work out. God Bless You!! I will be checking your blog for updates.
Love you

Dale said...

Have a safe, wonderful trip! I'll be praying for you. I also asked for prayers for your travels in church this morning.
((((HUGS))))

Kathy Cassel said...

Safe journey.

Katie said...

I can't wait to see all the pictures!! I know God will bless you, he loves your family so much!

Melissa said...

I have been thinking about you wondering what you are getting done to prepare for your trip. I am praying that you are enjoying a last evening with the kids and some rest to prepare for your long journey.