Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Heal This Land

This morning while doing my usual Google searches for "Haiti" I ran across a blog with photographs of children who have died in the recent devastating floods.

I had to back out of the page.

It was too much, seeing those little lifeless bodies stacked on top of each other in the back of a pick up truck ... beautiful faces with their eyes closed as if in sleep and dried mud caked on their cheeks.

I had the option to look away ... but the families that loved these children do not. The people who pull them from the mud do not. The neighbors and those who pass by the idling pick up truck with its ever-growing pile of cadavers do not.

I can't wrap my mind around it ... I don't want to think about it ... But I must ... we must. The hurricanes are gone (for now) but the pain and grief and horror will only continue as the flood waters recede and more broken bodies are found.

"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit" (Psalm 34:18) ...
may this be true for the grieving people of Haiti today! Father, heal this land!

No comments: