Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Friday, October 3, 2008

Haiti - Airport

My first impressions of Haiti upon arriving and my last impressions upon leaving were very similar ... what a beautiful country in terms of natural beauty! These pictures from the window of the plane were not able to truly capture the lush green of the mountains and the rich foliage of the trees and plants nor the green-blue ocean waters lapping at the edges of this island nation, but Haiti is truly a sight to behold from the air. One visit, and we will never be the same!

4 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I was trying to take pictures in the airport while waiting to board and it made the lady checking the boarding passes very unhappy. She told me I had to wait until I was outside. So when we got outside, I started taking pictures and the lady doing the final security outside starting yelling at me. Yikes. I thought I was going to have my camara taken!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great posts on your trip. My husband and I are headed to PAP over Thanksgiving. We are adopting a boy who is at Barbara's. What hotel were you at? Wondering if you liked it.

Erin

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing all the pictures and feelings of Haiti with us! Oh--how I wish we could have met! Maybe next time when our road is not washed out in so many places. So sorry to hear about your son and the broken leg. Hope he is doing better. I tried to check each day and see how you all were doing...I loved each post and you beautifully wrote about Haiti, thank you for that. Hope you are well and adjusting back to "normal" life.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the PAP airport. Seeing those pictures literally made me smile.