Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Lost My Breath Today

... in the baby aisle at the grocery store. The tears were pricking my eyes and I remembered an infertility article I once read entitled "Crying in the Diaper Aisle" ... only my reaction wasn't from not having a baby but from being separated from two that I love. I think it was because I spent so much time in that aisle before leaving for Haiti, buying diapers and wipes and rattles and toys and baby clothes on clearance ... dreaming about our trip and meeting the boys for the first time ... and now it's all over and we're back to waiting, waiting, waiting ...

4 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

I can SO relate!

Patti said...

Me, too, Steph. I had one of those moments in the store just last week. Same situation - baby stuff.
Here's a hug from me to you!
(((((Pep)))))

Kathy Cassel said...

I hear you!! Mine's more from packing away stuff that they are now too big or too old for. : (

honor22 said...

I'm buying things now for our first trip to meet our son. I can only think of the trip and can't bring myself to think of life after our trip.

Erin