Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Guess Who Is Going to Haiti?!

Yes, it's me! Flying from Iquique to Santiago on Monday night, April 6 to board my Copa flight in the wee hours of the morning on Tuesday, April 7 and arriving in Haiti that afternoon. Spending one whole week with my amazing little boys and returning from Haiti on Tuesday, April 14 (arriving home Wednesday, April 15.)

I am going alone for reasons of finances and family - no $$ for both of us to travel, and too soon after the transition to a new city/home/school for both Pedro and I to leave the kids. Also for the sake of finances, I will be staying where the boys live and not at a hotel like we did last time. Which means no air conditioning and no showers, and those who know me will understand what a stretch that is for me! So I will admit that while I'm very excited I am also nervous, especially about going alone. But most of all I just cannot wait to have my babies in my arms once again. Although from the sounds of it, Ian is pretty mobile these days! And his favorite word is NO ... so this visit should be really fun. :) Thanks for continuing to pray!

7 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Cool beans!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

¡¡¡Que lindo!!! Felicitaciones por el pasaje, ¿ Viajan vos y tu esposo.? ¿ Cuando?. cariños. Karin.-

Salzwedel Family said...

That is GREAT news!

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear of any progress and your visit with your boys. :) Will be eager to hear how it all goes. <3

honor22 said...

Stephanie, I'll be staying at the village from the 11th-16th! I can't wait to meet you!

Erin

Vashti said...

YAY!!!! SO excited for you. Sad that the rest of the family cant got but so happy for you. I will be praying for you! when we first moved here we didnt have a shower or hot water or a tap in the house! I know how you feel.
Have a blessed trip.

Vashti said...

YAY!!!! SO excited for you. Sad that the rest of the family cant got but so happy for you. I will be praying for you! when we first moved here we didnt have a shower or hot water or a tap in the house! I know how you feel.
Have a blessed trip.