Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tell Me

I edited this post after a comment made me realize I had shared details that were too identifying about the blog mentioned. It was my intent to express concern and examine my own motives, but in doing so I wasn't as sensitive as I should have been. I apologize!
-------------------

This morning I visited a blog which I used to frequent, but stopped visiting due to its consistent negativity. Something that disturbed me was the author's purpose statement of giving glory to God through the blog when it seemed the opposite was taking place. It made me look at myself and question what I am writing and what I have written on this blog and on our family blog. For me, blogging is many things - an emotional outlet; a journal; a memory book; a way of connecting with friends and family across the distance. The adoption blog in particular is something that keeps me connected with a special group of people going through similar journeys. Yet each journey is different and there are so many emotions involved. How do we find the balance that allows us to be honest but not bitter, to question but not complain, to struggle but still trust?

The bottom line is that I want what I write to honor God, on the bad days as well as the good days. I entitled this post "Tell Me" because I want you to let me know when I'm not doing so well in this area. Yesterday, I went to one of the blogs I regularly read and found this post:
I have chosen to remove the last two posts based on a friends strong concerns that I was behaving in a self-vindicating and unloving manner. I in no way intended to harm anyone with them and my goal was to share some of the hard things that are involved with learning to navigate the world of parenting children with disabilities. Especially for those of us who are new to the social intricacies of it all.

Please forgive me if I have offended you.
In Christ -
Dorothy
I was so impressed by her humble attitude and found myself wanting to model that as well. Thank you in advance for helping me do that ... I truly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Stephanie

No comments: