Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Saturday, May 2, 2009

To My Arms ... To My Heart

Two little boys; I watch as they play,

Hoping I’ll never forget this good day.

Two little smiles; they’re looking at me –

Oh, how I wish that this always could be!

Our days filled with laughter,

Too quickly flew by.

Our time spent together,

In the blink of an eye.

Sometimes I imagine the day they come home,

The changes of life here, new spaces to roam.

New people to meet, new trinkets and toys,

But mostly a family’s sweet love and its joys.

Each day that passes, as time slips on by,

I miss their dear faces and I wonder why

This process drags on with no end in sight.

I pray to my Father to soon make this right;

To protect and watch over them

While we’re apart,

And to soon bring them home

To my arms … to my heart.

- shg

04.02.09

1 comment:

Amy Wright said...

So beautiful Stephanie! <3