Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

Journal Entry: Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yesterday (Saturday) morning I was out on our front porch early (5 a.m.) like today, hoping to catch a breath of fresh air after a sweltering night. I was surprised to see a group of ladies returning from church at 6 a.m. - I guess that's one way to beat the heat at a church service!

Yesterday just seemed like a very, very long day (as I am writing this a little girl has sidled up to me and squeezed next to me on the porch to watch what I am doing.) Especially the afternoon seemed interminable. We alternated between having the boys at home, or walking over to Lawanna's. Lawanna's is cooler but gets so crowded when too many of us are there, and Ian and Alec can really get underfoot when people are milling about.


For breakfast Lawanna made some delicious omelets with the now-famous cheese and for lunch she made a delicious home mac-and-cheese and tomatoes with the same (Barb's recipe.) Unfortunately by lunch time I was feeling sick to my stomach ... I took one Cipro and later two Immodium which seemed to help somewhat. I didn't try to eat dinner but just drank a bottle of Coke instead.

At one point in the afternoon Mom and I took the boys to the ark where several kids were playing with toys. We handed out Tootsie Roll lollipops which were a great (and very messy!) hit with kids and adults alike.

No comments: