Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Crying and Comfort

A few seconds ago I heard my son's voice calling out from his 2nd-floor bedroom. He sounded frightened and I rushed up to find him flailing and crying even though he was still pretty much asleep. He said his eyes were "shooting things." I picked him up and briefly rocked him, then tucked him back in bed and kissed him.

And then I cried.

I cried because I have two others sons who could be crying in their sleep tonight. I cried because their mommy isn't there to comfort them. I cried because I can't do for them what I would do for any of my children when they are hurt or scared. I cried because I can't be there to comfort them.

Please Lord, hold them in your arms tonight ...

5 comments:

Lily said...

I am praying and praying. This is truly a test of all, our faith, patience and trust in God. David and Steven...so loveable...their beautiful smiles and warm eyes... Sending you peace and hugs, Lily

Deborah said...

Praying with you, my Friend... <3

Rose Casell said...

I keep thinking about this every time I hold Miracle . . . and I ask Jesus to snuggle them close for you.

alejandra said...

stephanie,en las visas q logro barb, estan las de tus bbs??

Somewhere In The Sun said...

My heart really goes out to you. My prayer has been that God would send his Angels to comfort his little ones in Haiti who have no human arms to hold them. I know He will.

~Lynn