Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Love Them

I don't know if I've said it lately on this blog, so let me just say it again: I love my boys.

Yes, there are daily hair-pulling moments. But then there are so many daily oh-how-adorable-I-hope-I-never-forget-this-I-should-really-write-it-down! moments.

Like last night before dinner when Ian and Alec were in their high chairs singing loudly off key and then I sang with them, taking turns holding one little hand and then the other, and they kept reaching out their hands for more holding and more loving and more kisses.

Or yesterday when upon my return from the grocery store I was received by two little toddlers racing over to me, flinging their bodies upon me, wrapping their arms around my legs, all the while exclaiming in ecstasy, "Moooommy! Moooommy Home! Moooommy!"

Then there are the moments they will actually stop and snuggle, and Ian will play with my hair and often he will spontaneously break out into the song we made up for them that goes: "Mommy loves you, Daddy loves you, We love you so much ..." which he has memorized and hopefully taken deeply to heart.

And so many more ... I wish I could trust that my mind is filing all of these memories away safely but I know myself too well and realize eventually they will be forgotten. So I savor them now, and write some down, and hope that someday my children will read this and know how much ... I Love Them.

No comments: