Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Friday, May 16, 2008

Please Pray for This Family

As I was reading various adoption blogs tonight of families adopting from Haiti, I ran across the heartbreaking news of one family whose daughter died on Monday, May 5 while her adoption was still in process. Please pray for the Gordon family as they grieve the loss of beautiful little Ellie:
My emotions are pretty raw at this moment. We received the worst news that any family can receive! I got an e-mail from our adoption coordinator this afternoon and Ellie got sick and was taken to the hospital and she passed away this morning. We have all been crying, actually sobbing is a better word, for the past 3 hours. I was on the phone with a good friend and funny we were talking about the different trials that we go through and I was telling her that I am ready for a break, ready for the flat road for awhile when I opened my email and read the news I started sobbing and told her what happened then had to hang-up.
My heart hurts, that was my little princess, that is a child I knew I was meant to care for. I love her as much as I love any of my other children. How do we morn this loss? We didn't have the chance to say good-bye, we didn't get to tell her how much we love her. Did she even remember who we were? Did she think we came and loved her for a week then abandoned her? My children lost a sibling one that they had already made part of our family.
If you have been to my house you know that there is a picture of her in almost every room. Not a day, an hour, or a moment goes by that we did not think of her. How do we go on? Where do we go from here?
I have appreciated all the the prayers that have been said on behalf of our family please continue to pray for us, we are struggling, we are completely devastated!

No comments: