Please Continue to Visit Us on Our Family Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Shall Yet Praise Him

(title from Psalm 42)

Before writing the disheartening previous post, I had plans to share a great praise about something God did for us that might appear small but is truly "big" if you know anything about government agencies and their cooperation with one another (or lack thereof!)

And because God's working is far more important than my weeping (although to my shame I'm sure you read far more of the latter than of the former) I want to tell you what it was.

Remember this post? USCIS-Lima was telling us to contact USCIS-Haiti; our Haiti contacts were telling us that USCIS-Lima was misinformed; we needed to schedule fingerprinting with the US Embassy in Chile but in order to do so they needed to first get a green light from the USCIS office on our behalf; all around it was a confusing mess.

And then yesterday we got an e-mail from USCIS-Lima saying they'd received communication from USCIS-Haiti on our case, followed by an e-mail from the US Embassy in Santiago saying they'd received communication from USCIS-Lima on our behalf and wanted to set up an appointment for us.

Three government offices in three different countries actually working together on our case?? Now that's not something you see every day.

But it's certainly a reason to say, "I shall yet praise Him!" Wouldn't you agree?? :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard this on the radio this morning and after reading your blog I thought you could use this. It was "God works in the realm of
impossibility". He's always at work even when we can't see it.
Praying for you.

Lena Just Lena said...

That is amazing. Unbelieveable. Wow. Ephesians 3:20 comes to mind. Thanks for sharing. Praising with you.

Terri Fisher said...

God is amazing! He will see you through!

frogglet said...

Wow, I hope you keep hearing positive things. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your boys are adorable.

Heather Marie said...

INDEED!!! Let everything that hath breath, praise the LORD!!!!!!